Last Updated on
You can find the best back exercises in this article to pump your back muscles. To understand how to properly train your back, you need to know that there are deep and superficial muscles of the back. The first layer is formed and broadest muscles trapezoidal, rhomboid lie deeper and serratus.
Pumping muscles of the back is better not to be combined with the study of other large muscle groups such as chest muscles. You can combine with exercises for the shoulder girdle (delta), press. Isolated back exercises should always be performed after the base exercises.
Content of the article:
- Back muscles
- Why it’s important to train the muscles of the back?
- Back exercises:
- Thrust rod in slope
- Thrust dumbbell in slope
- Standing shrugs
- Thrust of upper block to chest
- Thrust of the lower block to the stomach
Muscles of the back form the widest and trapezius muscles.
The widest back muscle starts at the bottom of the spine and covers the back diagonally up to the armpits. The developed upper part forms characteristic “wings” on the sides, why the silhouette of the figure resembles an inverted triangle. The lower part slits at the waist. To inflate the latissimus muscle it is necessary to apply various exercises, it can not be developed by a single training movement.
Trapezius muscles form a rhombus at the top of the back, grip the shoulders, neck and base of the skull, participate in the movement of the scapula, lift the shoulders.
Why it’s important to train the muscles of the back?
Bunches and muscles attached to segments of the spine, support the trunk in a vertical position, allow you to bend, twist, twist. Strong back muscles activate metabolic and energy processes. If they are not strengthened with simple exercises at home, there may be symptoms of osteochondrosis, a dystrophic change in the intervertebral discs.
Regular do basic exercises, developed dorsal muscles help to cope with increased stress on the spine, caused by an unnatural vertical position. In addition, the spinal cord is placed inside the spine, connected by the nerve roots with internal organs and muscles. Because of the weakness of the back muscles, individual parts of the spine become excessively compressed, causing the intervertebral discs to squeeze and become less elastic.
As a result, the sites of the articulations of the spine are less lubricated, they quickly wear out, osteophytes grow pathologically with growths. Exercise exercises to strengthen the dorsal muscles helps the spine to cope with the load, prevents degenerative changes in the intervertebral discs.
This basic polyarticular exercise for back muscles at the gym, further loaded with almost all the major muscle groups of the body.
- Put feet on the width of the shoulders or slightly narrower, parallel or slightly unfolded with the toes outward.
- The pose is selected individually, based on the convenience of the exercise and the requirements for maximum stability. Sit down and grab the bar of the barbell with a straight grip, hands bruised to the width of your shoulders. The body is tilted forward, the back is straight and unbent in the lower back, the chest is straightened.
- At the beginning of the movement, the back is immovable, weight is taken due to the strain of the muscles of the legs. Completely straighten the body, while the knees straighten in the last turn.
- Lower the bar along the same path.
The bar of the bar should slide along the shins, should not be traced by the barbell of the knees, hands freely hang down. The bar moves strictly in the vertical plane. If knees interfere, you need to increase the angle of inclination forward. But the distance between the legs and the barbell should not be more than 2-3 cm.
The back always remains flat, flexion at an inclination forward occurs not in a loin, and in hip joints.
Thrust rod in slope
Thrust rod in the slope to the belt involves the widest and trapezius muscles of the back, as well as the rear deltas and biceps.
- Thrust rod in the tilt Stand stable, legs spread out on a comfortable width, knees slightly bend.
- Bend over and, without bending your elbows, grab the bar directly with a grip. Straighten up the barbell.
- Lean forward about 30 degrees, slightly bent in the lower back, the bar is at the level of the knees. Stretch the muscles of the lower back.
- Tighten the bar to the bottom of the abdomen, pulling the elbows straight back and lifting them as high as possible, trying to work with the muscles of the back, rather than the biceps.
- Hold at the highest point for 1-2 sec. and smoothly return the bar down.
Special instructions: The legs and head remain stationary.
The distance between the brushes on the neck should be slightly larger than the width of the shoulders.
If the top point is to reduce the scapula, the work includes rhomboid and trapezius muscles.
Thrust dumbbell in slope
The pull of the dumbbell in the tilt with one hand pumped the bottom edge of the widest muscles. It allows you to increase t
he amplitude of motion compared to traditional traction and reduce the burden on the spine.
There are 2 variants of the starting position:
- Standing sideways to the horizontal bench, put the left knee and shin on the bench and rest against it with a bent left hand. Tilt the body horizontally, the right leg should be set aside and back.
- Both legs on the floor, the left in front of the right and bent at the knee. Lean with your left hand in the bench, tilt the body.
Thrust dumbbell in one-handed tilt Technique:
- Take the right hand dumbbell neutral grip, the hand hangs freely.
Having inhaled, pull the dumbbell to the belt or higher along the arcuate trajectory, at the highest point, stay a little and take the shoulder blades.
On exhalation return the dumbbell down.
Special instructions: Do not unfold the hull in order to raise the shell to its maximum height. Do not take your elbows to the side.
The essence of the exercise is to shrug the shoulders, performed with weight. Shrugs are isolated exercises for the formation of trapezius muscles and perfectly complement the basic exercises on the back. For beginners, this exercise is optional, but gradually the need arises for their inclusion in the training program. There are different ways of doing it.
For this option, ideal dumbbells or a bar with a curved neck – they will not press on your feet or groin, like the bar of an ordinary barbell.
- Shargs with a pole. The starting position is the upper point of the deadlift. Without bending your arms, raise your shoulders as high as possible.
- Lower the shoulders, controlling the movement of the rod by the force of the muscles.
- The best option is to do these exercises for the back with dumbbells or take the trap-fingerboard. It is better to keep a straight bar slightly different (one arm straight, the other with a back grip), changing the position of the hands from approach to approach.
Special instructions: You can not make rotational movements with your shoulders – you can get an injury to the shoulder joint. To ensure that the rod does not fall below the starting point, it is recommended to use a power frame or supports.
Thrust of upper block to chest
At the heart of this exercise for the back in the gym is the pull-up principle. It loads the latissimus muscles, biceps and anterior deltas.
- Thrust of the upper block to the chest. To the simulator, grasp its handles with a wide grip, slightly bending your hands. Bend the lower back and connect the shoulder blades.
- Pull the hilt to the top of the chest, taking the shoulder blades even more.
Smoothly return the hilt back.
Special instructions: To remove the load from the biceps, you can use an open grip (the thumb lies on top of the neck). Elbows do not reduce or retreat, keep them in the same vertical plane.
Thrust of the lower block to the stomach
Exercise is aimed at the lower parts of the latissimus muscles, delta, forearm.
- Thrust of the block to the belt. Sit on the simulator, rest your legs in its supports and take hold of the handles. Straighten and strain your back, slightly deflect the body back. Hands are stretched out in front of him, shoulders and biceps to relax.
- Smoothly pull the arms to the stomach, keeping the position of the back.
- At the extreme point maximally reduce the scapula.
- Straighten your hands to the starting position.
Special instructions: Do not round your back.